Notalwaysright not updating

Advise your employees that this is an acceptable request so they don't take it upon themselves to be your 'gatekeeper.' Several studies show that a typical business hears from only 4 percent of its customers that experienced an issue or concern.The other 96 percent quietly leave, never mentioning their dissatisfaction to someone who can make a difference in the situation and 91 percent of those will never return.You'll see a constant stream of one and two-star reviews where individuals complain about things like a lack of chocolate on their pillows or not enough channels available on their TV (while at the same time commending the hotel for having a nice staff, clean rooms and a cheap rate - the main reasons the majority of people would chose a hotel).Are we quickly devolving to the sad state of: "you can only please a few of the people some of the time"?Though the flight crew allowed the passenger to continue on his journey, corporate saw the viral video shot by a fellow passenger and clipped the disruptive passenger’s wings: We must stay true to Delta’s core values and treat one another with dignity and respect.We also must remain committed more than ever to the safety of our customers and our crew members. In another instance, a Michael’s retail customer went on a tirade and claimed she was discriminated against by African American employees when asked if she wanted to purchase a shopping bag.

If you are very lucky, a customer that has a problem or issue at or with your business will ask to speak to a decision maker -- be it the owner, director, or manager -- directly.

There's an ongoing business axiom that defines customer service: "the customer is always right." Publicly, this may be the proper posture.

People like Tony Hsieh (CEO of Zappos and the author of the best-selling business book, Delivering Happiness) built his first business on making customers happy (the company was Link Exchange - which he sold to Microsoft for 5 million) and pushed the concept even further with Zappos (the online shoe store), which was also sold (but this time to Amazon was over one billion dollars).

Customers are the lifeline of a growing and thriving business.

However, not all customers are good customers and you cannot please everyone.

Leave a Reply